Welcome to the first International Conference on Children and Youth in Everyday Life and Professional Practices
OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University, 19 – 21 June 2019
OsloMet is a new university with about 20,000 students and 2,100 employees. The study programmes offer education in all three cycles for future professionals in the fields of education, health and welfare. Since 2010, staff members have organised an annual, local conference on research on children and youth, and on professional and interprofessional practices involving children and youth. This conference has grown over the years, and it is now time to expand and invite colleagues from other national and international institutions to contribute to new knowledge and innovative interprofessional practices.
For this conference, we will adress:
a) a variety of interprofessional practices involving children, youths and their care persons
b) theoretical perspectives on and methodological approaches to exploring children’s lives and professional practices involving children and youth
c) empirical knowledge on the everyday lives of children and youth today
Main themes of the conference:
- Sociomateriality, place and space
- Everyday life perspectives
- Childhood and youth in a digitalised society
- Social and cultural diversity in children and youth worlds
- The body – a site of pleasure, risk and ambiguity
- Children and youth as participants in professional and interprofessional practices
- Children’s rights
- Child and youth health and well-being
- Methodological approaches in children and youth studies
- Joseph Tobin, Professor of Early Childhood Education, University of Georgia. Keynote “How Practicioners Change with Experience: Findings from a study of ECEC Practicioners in Three Countries”
- Charlotte Højholt, Professor of Psychology, Roskilde University. Keynote “Children’s communities and everyday life across contexts – analyses of conditions for participation”
- Gunn Helene Engelsrud, Professor, Department for Physical Education, The Norwegian School of Sports Sciences. Keynote “Journeys of discovery”: ambiguities that arise from children’s embodied being.
- October 1, 2018 Call for abstracts
- 1 February 2019, Deadline for submission of abstracts. Closed.
- 1 March 2019, Notification of acceptance of abstracts.
- 19 – 21 June 2019, Conference dates (starts afternoon – ends after lunchtime)
Contact person, conference administration: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person, conference programme: email@example.com
The conference programme will start 13.00 PM 19 June and end at lunchtime 21 June. See meny for further details on registration, preliminary programme and hotel accomodation.
The conference is organised by Oslo Metropolitan University – INTERACT Project Group and Research Group Children, Youth and Professional Practices.